Hinomoto Insurrection

From Ordic Encyclopedia
Revision as of 07:31, 13 May 2020 by Izanami (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hinomoto Insurrection
留萌駐屯地創立60周年記念行事2 イベント・行事・広報活動等 11.jpg
Yamatai Imperial Army troops in Nakayama.
Date Late 1971 - Present
Location Hinomoto
Violence occasionally spread to the rest of Yamatai or Western Escar
  • Military stalemate
  • Dual 10 Accords (1990)
  • Withdrawal of Yamataian security forces
  • Disarmament of paramilitary groups
  • Continuing low-level armed conflict
Yamataian Government Secessionist Parties

The Hinomoto Insurrection is the official name given to the conflict in Hinomoto by the Government of Yamatai. It is also known in other contexts as the Hinoan Emergency or Hinoan War for Independence. Officially lasting from 1975 to 1990, the conflict actually continues into the present day, albeit at a very low intensity. The conflict is primarily between the government of Yamatai and groups that are remnants of or are sympathetic to the People's Republic of Hinomoto.

Hinomoto had formed a national merger with Yamatai in 1836, first becoming Imperial Hinomoto and later split into provinces along with the rest of Yamatai. During the Second Escar-Varunan War, Hinomoto was invaded by the Allied Forces. As with Uchinaa, a plebiscite was held to decide Hinomoto's fate, resulting in a vote for independence. However, the young country underwent a communist revolution in the 1950s, becoming the People's Republic of Hinomoto, which was vehemently opposed by Yamatai and the Escaric Allies. By 1971, tensions had reached such a point that Hinomoto was invaded and occupied by the Three Powers Alliance. The 1971 Fawnnora Accords between the remaining government of Hinomoto and the government of Yamatai officially ended the war, dissolved the People's Republic, and laid the foundation for an official reunification with Yamatai, which occurred on 28 May 1972.

However, despite the official end of the war, a large number of guerilla and terrorist groups continued their campaign against the Yamataian government, seeking independence for Hinomoto. Three Powers Alliance troops continued to maintain a policing presence on Hinomoto until 1975, when Yamatai declared the insurrection to be an internal matter and demanded foreign troops leave Hinomoto. Subsequently, the Yamataian Armed Forces carried out policing actions in Hinomoto until 1990, when the Insurrection was officially declared to be over and military forces were finally stood down, alongside a battery of political agreements between the government and the insurgent factions. Despite this, various terror attacks and acts of violence still occasionally occur in Hinomoto related to independence and communist movements.

At least one guerilla group, the New People's Army of Hinomoto, remains at large and is responsible for a sudden surge of violence during the 2017-2018 period that threatened to force the deployment of the Yamataian military to the streets once again, though the situation was resolved suddenly.


During the early years, the guerillas still had vast amounts of weaponry at their disposal and were probably still being armed by Nakgaang, which resorted to illicit civilian shipments and submarine shipments, forcing Yamatai to aggressively oppose these until it died out as Nakgaang shifted its focus to the Crosswind. One high-profile incident occurred where the guerillas bombarded the town of Shirahama (used as an Imperial Army HQ) with rocket artillery from the hills daily for a week before they were eliminated.

A particular guerilla group was a constant thorn in the Imperial Army's side, carrying out guerilla actions throughout the winter of 1984, managing to cause significant damage in the vicinity of Yuzu before they disappeared in summer 1985, possibly having fled the country. After a massive complaint against Yamatai's conduct, reprisal tactics (officially denied by the Army but carried out nonetheless by ground commanders) were finally banned in 1985.

In 1990, the new Kojima Toshihiko government aimed to finally end the Insurrection and reached out to the guerillas, signing a fourth ceasefire in August and then the Dual 10 Accords on 10th of October, which allowed for guerilla representation in the SAR government, some concessions for Hinomoto, in return for an end to hostilities and disarmament of the paramilitary groups, some of which were allowed to continue operating as demilitarised, apolitical fraternal organisations to support the former fighters. However, certain Imperial Army officers were unhappy with this and caused the 1991 Heian Incident the following year. At the same time, infighting between the revolutionary groups began to intensify due to disagreements between those who agreed to end the fighting and those who wished to continue the revolution.

2012 Unrest

In 2012, one of the revolutionary groups decided to act out again, assaulting Imperial Army personnel and carrying out petty crimes like robberies in a very localised guerilla war. Despite the use of artillery to destroy their hideouts, a small cell managed to escape and attempted to bomb a rally held by the Hinoan Chief Executive to quell public fears, though this was thankfully halted by the ISA. Subsequently, the cell attacked an Imperial Army base in conjunction with suspected unknown foreign special forces agents and attempted to occupy it, though they were quickly repulsed. The ISA then managed to track down and destroy the remnants of the cell. The Representative of the People's Parties denied that any of the registered groups were responsible, after some independent investigations.

2014 Nakayama Riots

Something to do with the new airport and former collective farms.

2017 Infighting and Operation Gaijin

Divisions between revolutionary groups had been worsening since the aftermath of the 2014 riots, and various splinter groups began operating of heir own accord. In September 2017, major bomb attacks were carried out in Heian and Wanshi by a cell of an unknown revolutionary group. The Representative of the People's Parties was ordered to discover the affiliation of the terrorist cell. Subsequently, the ISA conducted Operation Gaijin, a black-ops mission that resulted in the destabilisation and collapse of most of the more-unruly revolutionary groups. Evidence was then found that the Representative himself had orchestrated the attacks in an attempt to further his own political career, but before he could be arrested by the ISA he was assassinated by fellow revolutionaries.